Our mission is to bring together people who enjoy watching wildlife in their natural habitat, to educate others about all wildlife, and to leave no trace while watching wildlife.
Leave No Trace is a national education program that teaches outdoor enthusiasts how to enjoy the resources without harming them. There are seven basic principles:
- Plan ahead & prepare: know & follow park regulations.
- Travel & camp on durable surfaces: stay on trails to avoid damaging fragile vegetation.
- Dispose of waste properly: properly dispose of all trash, including biodegradable material.
- Leave what you find: all plants, animals rocks & artifacts are protected. Leave them as you find them.
- Minimize campfire impacts: fires are only allowed only in preconstructed fire grates at campgrounds, picnic areas & day use shelters.
- Respect wildlife: observe wildlife from a distance. Keep park wildlife healthy by not feeding them.
- Be considerate of other visitors: excessive noise, unleashed pets & damaged surroundings take away from everyone's experience.